Thursday, November 21, 2013

An Ode To My Children.

I am not your snot rag.
I am no human tissue.
I don't want your crusty boogers on me.
This is seriously an issue.

Spilled Cup! Just my luck.
Seriously!
What the fuck?

When you were first born,
I was intrigued.
Now all I can seem to do,
is feel so damn fatigued.

Go into the bathroom.
Try to pee in peace.
I ain't got not privacy!
Where is my release?

You're making such a mess.
Overflow the sink!
God damn you tiny human,
This is why I drink.

So much pee on the floor.
I can't stand to look no more!

You whine at me.
MOMMY GET ME A DRINK.
Is that how we talk to mommy?
Hmmm....let me think.

You are the reason I pee when I cough.
I just need some space!
Please back off!

Tattle tales, tattle tales!
Please, for fucks sake let me be.
Play nice and work it out yourselves!
I'm not a referee!

But sometimes you look up at me.
Say, "Please can I have a snack?"
Using manners and special moments are the reason why.
I love you to the moon and back.


© Mean Mommy Memoirs 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment