Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Kids are the best birth control.

Today is a snowy day at our house. The kiddos are excited to go out and play. And they are old enough to take part in a family tradition of a cup of hot chocolate when they come inside with rose cheeks and flushed faces. My son was so excited about the snow that he sang me a song that he made up as I was putting on his coveralls and told me that he loved me to the moom and back. He 3 now, so hes old enough to take part in these fun moments. Hes old enough to do the arts and crafts. He's old enough to sit still long enough to watch a family movie with us. Hes even old enough to wipe his own butt...most of the time. Having a toddler has its challenges but it also has a set of exciting new things that he can do. All this cool shit seems to make hubby a little nostalgic and hes been mentioning the B word to me. Not bitch....worse, baby,

There is not one ounce of me that wants to have another child. I love the one I have, and hes pretty awesome so why would I want to do it all again? Plus I had pretty debilitating PPD after my son was born. My apartment was a messy pile of hell and I could barely get out of bed in the morning. I cried constantly.

 There is not one ounce of me that wants to be pregnant again either. I have a blood disorder and have to take blood thinner shots, not pills, shots! I have to have these shots in my stomach everyday I'm pregnant so I don't get a blood clot and die. I know people say every pregnancy is different but I was so sick for a solid 5 months. I've also finally just lost all the weight I gained after having my son, call me selfish but I don't want to be that weight ever again. No thank you.

Somehow my son has jumped on this I want a sister bandwagon. Which is both infuriating and heartbreaking at the same time. On one hand I'm pissed because I think that the hubby has something to do with this for sure. Using my poor beloved child to try to get his wish of letting him knock me up again. On the other hand, I'm sad because I know that my little one sees that his two playmates are sisters, and the girls that came over this weekend were sisters. He doesn't have a sibling that's his age, he has a half brother who is almost 9, but he doesn't live with us right now. So I'm sure he might feel a little left out at times. But, I don't want to have another baby. I explained to him that if he had a sister, she wouldn't be his age, so he wouldn't get to play with her much. I explained that babies are gross sometimes, and that they poop and spit up everywhere and can't walk and run yet. I also explained to him that if I had another baby I would have to take care of it and then I would have as much time to spend with him. Needless to say he is happy being my one and only again.  He is okay with the idea that we don't need a baby, we have friends and a dog. Now to convince the hubby to get that vasectomy we talked about...

No comments:

Post a Comment